The Perfect Monster Cookie Recipe
You all know I don’t like to cook. If I were rich, I would totally have a personal chef who would cook me nutritious, perfectly balanced meals every day. Huge chicken Ceasar salads, juicy hamburgers made with lean beef and tons of roasted veggies. Oh, and every so often, bake me monster cookies.
But, alas, this blog has yet to make me rich and my kids still want to eat every day, still outgrow their shoes, and expect us to pay for dental visits. So instead I have been forced to experiment time and time again until I perfect my favorite recipes. And today, I am sharing with you The Perfect Monster Cookie Recipe.
First off, a few words about monster cookies. They should be BIG and chewy, so you want to make sure you don’t overcook them. I have found (through rigorous testing) the exact balance between M&Ms, chocolate, and Reese’s Pieces. Don’t mess with this!
Also, are fans of Adams Natural Peanut Butter, but do not use the natural peanut butter with these cookies. To get the right texture, use regular peanut butter. For these, I used peanut butter purchased from Brandless (more on that later since I am working on a review).
Monster cookies don’t contain any wheat flour. I have found that to get The Perfect Chunky Chewy Texture you need to make some oat flour. All you need to do it take a cup and a half of old-fashioned oats and whir them in the blender for a few seconds. This will give you a beautiful oat flour to use in your monster cookies.
And now, with no further ado, The Perfect Monster Cookie Recipe.
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (simply whir 1 1/2 cups of oat flour in the blender)
- 1 cup M&M's
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup chopped chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter, sugars, and peanut butter.
- Add eggs.
- Add vanilla
- Whir 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats in blender.
- Mix whirred oats, with old fashioned oats and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix thoroughly.
- Gently mix in M&M's, Reese's Pieces.
- Place LARGE scoops of dough onto cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with hand.
- Bake for 12 or more minutes.
- DO NOT OVER COOK. These should be chewy and just underdone.
Even my mom’s cat can’t resist these monster cookies!
What is your favorite cookie recipe? Bonus points if you share a link!