Layered Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
How in the world did I manage to live 41 years and never think of this? Soft, chewy brownies…with a layer of chocolate chip cookies on top? Obviously, these are pure perfection. This amazing creation came to be when Kalina was in the mood to bake.
Thankfully, Kalina is in the mood to bake several times per week. She has mastered cookies, brownies, cakes and more. This time she wanted to experiment…and experiment she did.
The first thing Kalina did was whip up a batch of her favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
Next she mixed up a batch of brownies.
And then magic happened. Right in our oven.
Layered Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies.
Thanks to Jenny Craig, I have not actually tried these. But I have it on good authority that they are delicious.
Absolute magic in your mouth. You should make some.
- Cookie portion:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Brownie Portion:
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by combining dry ingredients for the cookie topping.
- Combine: flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate mixer combine: softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Once they are thoroughly mixed, add in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- For brownie mixture:
- Combine: baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and flour.
- In separate bowl combine eggs and sugar.
- Once mixed stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine this mixture with dry ingredients.
- Butter large baking dish. Pour in brownie mixture. With your hands and a spatula, add an even layer of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Place on bottom rack in oven and check after 30 minutes. Cookie layer should be cooked and the knife should come out clean.
- Enjoy with fresh, hot coffee!
As you know, our teens all go on at least one Teen Missions trip…this year it is Kalina’s turn. She will be headed to Peru to work on a Bible School. She has been working like crazy (at a local garden last summer and babysitting this winter) to earn the money she needs. If you are interested in donating you can donate online here (it says $100 suggested donation but feel free to ignore that. Her team is Peru #17010). If you are local, Kalina would love to bake you something delicious for a donation, babysit or work.